COVID-19 TEMPORARY POLICY CHANGES
LAST UPDATED MAY 21, 2020
Like everyone, we are adapting to the new reality presented by COVID-19. Here are the current changes to our policies and procedures. I am sure that there will be more in the days and weeks to come.
- Our physical office is closed to the public, but we have a full compliment of associates hard at work, many from home.
- We continue to work on the development of new properties and affordable housing opportunities.
- We are responding to messages that are left by phone and, of course, we are responding to the many emails that we receive on a daily basis.
- We are accepting and processing preliminary applications for all of the properties.
- You need not sign Preliminary Applications. Simply download and complete the form, save it to your computer, and then email it back to us.
- Random selections (AKA lotteries) of applicants that take place during this time will be available to view on line, but, as with the in-person lotteries, you do not have to attend and attendance has no impact on the status of your application.
- We will continue to work on final applications that we have received, but completing our review may be delayed by the availability of 3rd party documentation.
- We are working with developers, landlords and sellers to send final applications for properties, where applicants can have a virtual tour, FaceTime, Skype or the like, or, “where sellers or their real estate agents are allowed to operate and show houses to prospective buyers on a 1-on-1 basis, or to immediate families…” [See Governor’s Executive Order 107, updated March 30, 2020]
- We will also extend deadlines for certain final applications that are deemed incomplete, when specific documents are unable to be provided in a timely manner due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- We are NOT responding to any request for the status of preliminary applications, but will continue to provide the status for final applications. If you leave a request for information about where you are on a waiting list, it may not be returned. We will always let you know when a unit may become available for you.
Please know that we are making every effort to address the challenges that we are facing. As we move forward, these temporary policies and procedures will, no doubt, evolve to address an ever changing situation.
Please stay safe!